1 to patch up or renovate; repair or restore; "They revamped their old house before selling it"
2 provide (a shoe) with a new vamp; "revamp my old boots" [syn: vamp]
- Rhymes: -æmp
Vamp may refer to:
- VaMP, the first autonomous car that drove long distances in traffic
- Vamp (band), a Norwegian folk music band
- Vamp (character), in the Metal Gear series of games.
- Vamp (comics), a Marvel Comics character
- Vamp (film) (1986), a movie starring Grace Jones
- Vamp (music), a repeating musical figure or accompaniment
- Vamp (telenovela), a Brazilian mystic dramedy.
- VAMP (VMS, Apache, MySQL, PHP), a variation of LAMP (software bundle)
- VAMP Research Databank, former name of the General Practice Research Database
- Vamp!, a light novel series by Ryohgo Narita
- Vesicle-associated membrane protein, a family of proteins
Vamp may also refer to:
revamp in German: Vamp
revamp in French: Vamp
revamp in Portuguese: Vamp
accommodate, adapt, adjust, alter, ameliorate, amend, better, blue-pencil, break up, change, convert, correct, deform, denature, diversify, do up, edit, emend, emendate, face-lift, fit, fix, fix up, furbish, improve, meliorate, mitigate, modify, modulate, mutate, overhaul, overthrow, patch, qualify, re-create, realign, rebuild, recense, recondition, reconstruct, rectify, redact, redesign, redo, redraft, refit, reform, refresh, refurbish, rehabilitate, remake, renew, renovate, repair, reshape, restore, restructure, revise, revive, rework, rewrite, ring the changes, shift the scene, shuffle the cards, subvert, turn the scale, turn the tables, turn the tide, turn upside down, vamp, vary, work a change, work over, worsen